Friday, March 4, 2011

Some LOVE events


I can't keep up! Each day I think of probably 2-3 things I want to blog about...but then the day ends and I don't end up getting anything posted! And then I end up where I am now...all backed up on my blogging. So, I apologize for the tardiness of some of the upcoming reports...and really, I am sure many of you weren't all that concerned....but I like to have these events posted on my blog for my own personal reference.

That said..

Valentine's Day. Charlotte's first one in this BIG world!

Do you all remember when Build-A-Bear made it's premier? And everyone went to build bears? I think I was around the age of 12. Anyway, my Grandma Carol took all us grandkids to build a bear shortly after their debut in good ol' Kansas City...right around Valentine's Day :) I loved it! I still have my special bear (shucks, I should have taken a photo to post with this blog, but that would require turning on lights and getting out the camera and taking the photo and uploading it...it's much too late for that...) and I decided building a bear would be the perfect way to commemorate Charly's very first Valentine's Day.

Daddy wasn't so sure ;)

We went anyway. Daddy's outnumbered these days. Mommy was set on Build-A-Bear and therefore (for no particular reason) so was Charlotte! And so we joined the masses (and a very large Girl Scout troop) shortly before Valentine's Day to build our sweet girl her very first (and only, according to Daddy) Build-A-Bear!

Daddy actually picked out the bear, determining the softer bear would be better than the cheaper bear (because this bear is to be Charlotte's only bear). I even managed to locate a cute sweater dress on clearance for Charly's Valentine bear! We grabbed a voice recorder box and headed off to the bathroom (that's the only semi-quiet place in Build-A-Bear to record your voice). There we stood, family of three, piled into the Build-A-Bear bathroom...recording Charlotte's loving Valentine's message from her Mommy and Daddy (that's us!). Pretty funny, if I do say so myself!

Once we had Charlotte's message just right, we returned to the stuffing area. Charlotte and I kissed a couple of hearts for the bear and pumped her (the bear, not Charlotte!) full of stuffing. I tried to get Charlotte to look at the camera for a picture, but she was much more enthralled with the stuffing machine. Who could blame her? It was quite amusing!

Charlotte is now the proud owner of her very own Valentine Build-A-Bear...named....Charly :)


Other love events from the "month of Love?"

Ben surprised me:) The day before Valentine's Day, Ben told me we were going to the mall to get me a pretty dress to wear for our Valentine's Day dinner. Guess where he got the idea? Hehehe..."The Bachelor!" Yup, I am guilty....and I have roped him into watching the show with me on occasion. Hey- it gave him a great idea, did it not!? Grandma Jill babysat Charlotte for us so we could go out to dinner. Ben and I laughed together as we looked around at the fellow 5:30pm diners. All over the age of 60....and then one other young(er) couple with a newborn baby. Haha, guess that's what happens when you have a baby...no more late night romantic dinners, eh?

I realize now I also did not get a picture of my Valentine's Dress from Ben.....oops. Guess we have to get dressed up for another date here soon...

And I surprised BEN with a canvas of our wedding vows printed over one of our wedding photos. I bought it from an Etsy sight :)

So, there you have it. Some LOVE events from the month of LOVE. Now on to my next blog...or actually, I think I am going to go to bed now....more blogs later my friends...


1 comment:

Kelley said...

That bear is so cute! Charly will love her little charly bear! And so so sweet of Ben! I told Wade about it and he said I'd do that for you but it will come out of your fun money...ha! Silly boy :)