Needless to say, a lot has transpired in these past 6 months!
First of all, let's start with the obvious. The "watermelon" is no longer under my shirt. My belly button has retreated. I'm no longer wondering if I will deliver naturally or end up with a "cesar." I don't have to pee (on average) every 20 minutes these days. I can climb a flight of stairs or more and not be completely winded. Just to name a few...
And might I add... you all know my "watermelon's" name now. Sweet Charlotte, love my sweet baby girl!
Charlotte is living outside my belly these days...although she still likes to remain in my arms most days. Which has completely transformed my daily productivity...and priorities! A clean house is no longer the top of either my productivity or priority list. Although, since I am being honest, it is something I kind of miss...
Ben's and my relationship is the same...but different. On one hand, our love is so much deeper than before. On the other hand, we miss each other a lot more. Mainly because we just don't get the one on one time like we used to. Charlotte is usually in the mix. For example, Ben and I haven't had a date in over a month and a half. (Our last date was Valentine's Day.) Some of you reading this might be concerned by this admission, but please note, this is something we are working on. And we have a date scheduled for this coming Saturday evening. I'm even getting my hair done! (Now we just have to count on Charlotte cooperating...)
The weather is cold. It's too cold for those flip flops I have on in that photo above. Although it SHOULD be warming up here soon!
We aren't in South Africa anymore. We're back in America....Kansas...our Home Sweet Home. And although I thought it would take longer to reach this point...I am finding I kind of miss good ol' SA. At least the adventures and traveling part. And definitely our friends there. I do not miss the food (well maybe that salad at Bryanston Organic Market). And I do not miss the crime (I dreamed of being robbed last night...). But like I said...I definitely miss the safaris and the excitement of being in another country. And...dare I say it...I kind of hope we might have another opportunity down the road to do something like it again...(I haven't even told Ben this fact!! Heck, i didn't really realize I felt this way till now!).
Now I'm sure there are many other things I could think of to lengthen this post; however, as in Mommy Fashion, my boss is calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment