Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cale: eight months


Charlotte didn't want you to eat the paper. So she held it in front of you for the photo.... 

But of course you couldn't resist and grabbed it a second later!


EIGHT MONTHS
April 22, 2013

You are currently sick, little man.  I think we brought some sort of bug home from the Doctor’s office last week- since that is the only place we went all week and you and Charlotte played with the toys while we were there…  Char took the first hit, fever and throwing up.  And now you are feeling it….which means we are all feeling it!  I’m thinking for you, it is your throat bothering you the most.  Because you won’t even eat puffs without gagging them up.  And then you cry and cry and act as though the world is ending right that second.  It is quite sad.  And you don’t want to nap or sleep at night since you’ve been sick because I am guessing the saliva settles in your throat and makes you gag more.  I keep telling you that you need to sleep and take medicine to feel better, but you just don’t seem to care for either one right now.  Poor little man!

I must admit, I find a bit of humor in this.  Because just about one week ago, I finally got you to start eating solids better.  Not the pureed stuff, no sir!  You like Mama’s special baby pancakes (chucked full of oatmeal and fruits!), as well as anything soft and small you can pick up and munch.  But not now- not with this sickness.  It’s Mama’s milk only for the past couple of days.  Oh, my sweet son!

And on top of that, about a week ago, we finally took the plunge and did “cry it out” with you at night.  And it was working!  Before CIO, you woke up about every 2-3 hours.  After CIO, you only woke up around 1am and 5/6am.  It was luxurious, I tell you!  Pure luxury for your very weary Mama!  But that lasted for all of about 3 nights before you got sick.  And returned to waking up every 2-3 hours.  And, like your Daddy, you don’t take a sore throat in stride.  You won’t let anything soothe you- except for Mama that is.  JUST.  MAMA.  Now, don’t get me wrong!  I’m crazy in love with you, buddy.  But 9:30pm, 11:44pm, 1:30am, 3:15am, 4:54am, 5am, etc…. I am not the happiest Mama.  Poor Daddy- he receives my wee-hour-crabiness.  Not you!  No, little man.  I just hold you and rock you and cuddle you… all the while seething at your Daddy who gets to lie in bed because you just want Mama!  (Oh, I laugh as I type this, but it is not so funny during the above mentioned times!  HA!  P.S.- I love your Daddy VERY much.  And he is a great husband and Daddy to us!  Sleeping and all J

Apart from being sick.  You are a rambunctious one!  You are totally on the go and into everything.  Baby gates are up but that doesn’t stop you from finding mischief.  We have a lot of wires in this house, I may have mentioned them before… but my brain cannot recall at the moment (chalk that up to sleep deprivation, my boy!).  Anyway, there are many wires connected to things we use that are not concealed, TV, computer, lamps, etc.  But then we have a number of random wires coming out of the floor and/or wall.  They’ve been that way since before we moved in and they will likely still be there when you read this someday.  Mainly because we don’t know what they are for and Daddy doesn’t feel comfortable just snipping them away.  All that to say; you are very VERY interested in wires.    Wires are like a magnet to a fridge in your eyes.  You see a wire and BOOM!  You are there.  Tugging, pulling, CHEWING!  Good thing I am always right behind you- or lately, I have to be one step ahead of you…  I often jokingly refer to you as my little electrician.  And who knows?  Maybe, if this wire fascination continues, you might discover a safe way to get rid of all of the unnecessary wires coming out of our floors and walls…

We are still experiencing winter weather most days with a scattering of spring days here and there.  We make the most of the spring days and you really seem to enjoy the outdoors.  I suppose that should be expected, you are a boy and you are my son!  I loved the outdoors when I was a kid.  And I was quite daring for a girl…climbing on rooftops and venturing out in the woods when given the opportunity!  Just ask your Uncle Brock, he can attest to my tomboy self.  Although Uncle Brock always seemed to best me when it came to climbing trees!  Though if you ask your Aunty Pam, she might not exactly agree as she will probably more likely recall me as the more girly teenager I became…  Don’t worry though, buddy.  I can promise you there’s still a rough’n’tough girl in me and I will be sure to embrace and encourage your tough boyness! 

So anyway, little man.  You are a stud.  I cannot say it enough, but… I am more in love with you today than I was yesterday and I love being your Mama.  I continue to pray you will love Jesus and He will awaken faith within you.  My love is nothing compared to his, my sweet son.

Your hair is starting to come in!  Your hair texture is just like your Daddy's!

Longing to run after your sister...

Yup.  This says it all.  In.  LOVE.  With.  YOU.  My Bubba.

GQ baby

You do enjoy the swings right now!

heart melting, all day long, my boy!



And here's one of your sister,because she is adorable too...  and you gotta know that, little man!  I pray you two become good friends!







No comments: