Monday, April 1, 2013

Cale: 7 months.



 
 
 

 
March 22, 2013

7 months

Every day you seem to capture my heart just a little more, Cale.  I mean, really.  God is pretty awesome to make our hearts the way He does!  Because sometimes I think, “how could I love this little guy any more than I already do?  And also love Charlotte, and Ben, and my mommy and daddy, and sister and brother and and and…. Etc…?”  But then He expands my heart to love even more!  It’s incredible, really, when you think about it.  It’s ever changing and seems to keep growing and growing.  But truly…it’s nothing compared to the love God has for us, my sweet son. 

You have grown so much this month.  I think there was a span of about 10 days where you developed by leaps and bounds.  Literally!  One day you were attempting to army crawl and rolling and within a matter of a handful of days you were up on all fours crawling.  CRAWLING.  I mean, really.  You are all over the place and looking to get into mischief.  I know I have my work cut out for me... you are going to be much more curious than Charlotte!  Not only crawling, but you have mastered going from a laying down position to a sitting position (which is pretty spectacular to see.  I mean, you are soooo flexible right now, my boy!).  Then you were pulling up and STANDING.  I remember one morning I went in to get you up for the day and there you were.  Standing in your crib.  I think my jaw dropped and I said out loud, “STOP it!  How OLD are you, Cale!?!?”  You just grinned up at me and gave me your signature crinkle-nose laugh. 

Speaking of.  It warms my heart how you can go from crying to belly laughing joy in a second as I walk towards you after being out of your sight for just a few minutes.  Oh how God loves me through you! 

You are still fighting “solid” foods.  Apart from feeding you while standing on my head, I think I have tried about everything I can to get you to enjoy pureed fruits and veggies!  Daddy and I think you just want to go straight for the “meat and potatoes.”  (Though I have even tried potatoes….hardy har har, nerrr, I am such a nerd…)  You still love nursing though.  You light up and laugh when you know it’s time to nurse.  It cracks me up!  Sometimes we just sit there together laughing while you nurse.  (I think I will appreciate this memory more so than you….since you are a boy and all…)

We haven’t let you “cry it out” at night yet.  Some nights you wake up only once after going to sleep around 7:00pm and other nights you wake up a lot more than once.  I admit, the sleep deprivation is really starting to kick me in the rear end.  So things might have to change this month, little man.  We will see though…. You are my baby boy and if I can comfort you, I always choose to do so as opposed to letting you “cry it out.” 

Goodness gracious, my sweet boy.  I started writing this letter/update to you on your 7 month day, but now it is April 1!  Such is life right now.  It’s flying by faster than I ever imagined possible.  One day you will understand.  I’m loving these moments with you, though.  Fast as they are.  I love holding you in my arms and receiving your big wet slobbery kisses.  Oh, how you have captured my heart!  I pray Jesus captures yours.  I love you.  Love, Mama (as you currently call me!!)

 

 

No comments: