Thursday, April 11, 2013

Winter Days: bonding indoors with my kiddos.

 
 
I’m guessing it is no secret… but… I am kind of a home body.  I just simply like being home, cooking, baking, crafting, hosting play dates, reading, playing games, lounging, cuddling, watching full series of my favorite shows (Downton Abbey!... and lately Curious George and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood…), occasionally napping, etc.  And winter provides the perfect excuse to be home.  And do all of those wonderful things!  (That’s why it is an added bonus if it snows, because then there is even MORE of an excuse to not have to leave the house!) 
Currently, with you two the ages you are…. it’s simply not the easiest task to be out and about anyway.  It’s so much easier to be home where I know you can safely roam about and not get into too much mischief!  Plus we have easy access to a (usually!!!) clean potty…. Plenty of diapers and wipes… spare clothes for everyone, and the list goes on.  So this winter, we spent a lot of our days at home and indoors.  And I quite enjoyed it!  Though I do admit, there were moments I thought I might lose my mind… and I am pretty sure Charlotte went a little stir crazy more than once as well…!  Cale?  You were probably the most easy going about it.  The gears inside your head were just turning away, preparing you to get up and go before the spring days hit!  And my, how that has proven true as we head into spring….
Truly though, this winter was pretty great.  Even amidst those sometimes crazy moments, I loved my days with you two.  God revealed much to me.  He helped me slow down a bit and savor these moments for what they are…. and not worry so much about the little things: like whether my hair has been blown dry or my floors are clean…  And, even though I readily admit I much prefer to be home… I know that it is also not healthy for me to keep us cooped up all of the time.  God’s helping me see the importance of getting us out in the community more… to visit the park or participate in a music class (which you two LOVE!)  Although I do admit, I am certainly a work in progress.  Always will be, I’m certain, just as you are.  I know that while God has helped me to see my struggles with control and comfort, there is so much more He needs to do within me!  So much more I need to learn. 
 
Auntie Pam shoes and handmade leg warmers :)

Oh Charlotte, you always want to hold your brother.  It cracks me up because he is gaining on you quickly in size!  Girl, you gotta start eating more fruits and veggies!! 

Cale, you rock every hat you wear.  Such a hunk, you are!


One morning Charlotte said, "Mommy! Take my picture!"  You are such a hoot, Charly girl!  You enjoy snuggling with your blanky in the mornings while you watch Curious George on PBS...and Mommy tries to feed Cale pureed foods!

It's been fun to see Cale become more interactive.  Cale, you are already giving your sister a run for her money!

 
Charlotte, you are quite the little artist.  You have such relaxed painting methods.  And a wonderful audience in your little brother!



 

Oh the Johnny Jumper!  So much fun.  I love to hear your little feet thumping against the floor! 

One of Papa Larry's impromptu visits.  We love it when Papa's and Gramma's stop by unannounced!

 
So in love.

 

We weren't ALWAYS just indoors.  We occasionally made it outside to play :)

Shower time for Mommy.  Cale has free roam of the bathroom floor while Charly plays on the iPad.  Needless to say, I have mastered the art of FAST showering.


my silly sweet girl. Oh how I love you!




These are my favorite moments.


No comments: