TEN MONTHS
June 22, 2013
Wait… what? You went
from eight months to ten months? More
like eight months to age two! Little
man, you are one rambunctious boy! Let
my “silence” in writing be an indicator of that fact. And though you are not quite walking yet, you
are a super duper fast crawler. And
climber! So I am sorry for not writing
your little monthly letter when you breezed past nine months… and now ten
months. But just know, the reason I have
not written is because we have been busy.
Busy learning and growing and basically just having fun. Sitting at the computer to type out an update
is simply not my priority ;) YOU are,
buddy! And I am pretty sure you won’t be
too upset about that when you sit down and read this someday. (Because really…. I am not so sure you will
ever want to sit still for long!!)
Anyway, you are so smart, Cale. You study how things work and then you do it
on your own. For example, you watched
Mommy put a basketball in a hoop and then you did it (that was way back at nine
months, buddy!) . I bragged about that
for days. I even met a really tall dude
who just happened to also be a basketball coach. I am a huge nerd and said, “I’m not just
telling you that he knows how to shoot hoops because I want you to coach him!” Hahahaha…. Uhhh…. Awkward silence. Sorry, buddy.
I think I will improve?? Eh, you
will love me anyway, right??
You also LOVE to wave at people. And you are one smiley, happy little
guy! Whenever we go anywhere, you enter
the room with your huge grin and flap your hands around until you get everyone’s
attention. You usually blabber along
with the flapping. Or you “talk” along
with your “waving.” That sounds more
like it.
You adore your sister.
If she is not around, you search the house for her. Sometimes she will still be napping and you
will crawl to her door and push on it until it opens. Then you crawl in there and let out the
giddiest little laugh!! Oh man, it warms
my heart! It also cracks me up to see
how she tackles you… because I know your petite big sister will not be able to
tackle you for much longer. Why? Oh that’d be because you already weigh nearly
as much as she does…. (You are around 23 pounds, Charlotte is
around 27 pounds…)
Speaking of stats… you are above 75% in everything, 90% in
weight I believe.
You are a little
stinker and still fight solid foods. You
only want to nurse. I joke a lot that
you are “such a guy.” But really, I am
hoping you start to like solid foods soon.
I am at a loss on this one. I
guess you just like what you like and that’s that. Aw well… b-milk serves you well! Solids shmolids….
You know I am a sucker for your cries. Boy you got me ALLLLLL figured out and
wrapped around your little finger like nobody else’s business! Sometimes you will just sit at my feet and
cry until I pick you up, then you continue to cry if I don’t turn my attention
to you 110%! BUT, if Daddy has you, then
you are just dandy- as long as you can’t see me. Because if you see me, you make a beeline
towards me WHILE whimpering. It’s so
pathetic sounding it’s adorable! And I
cannot resist, no matter how exhausted I am.
I cannot and do not resist you, bud.
Not even at night. Yeah. You wake up a lot, little man. Like every three hours. I try to “let you cry” but you don’t just
cry, see. YOU
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL. Louder and
LOUDER and LOUUUUDDDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
And, so far, I have not let you cry long enough at night to “decrescendo.” Daddy wants me to leave for a weekend so that
he can really put you to the test. Because,
like I said, I am a sucker for your cries.
You are standing up on your own, but no steps yet. I know those steps are in the near future and
I can wait. I know that as soon as you
conquer walking, your feet will move faster than your hands and knees…. And then
you will master climbing and I will really be in for it!
Oh, little man. You
are so wonderful. I love you like crazy
and I feel so loved by you!
No comments:
Post a Comment