Of course we are all just one person in a big world, right? This blog, however, is specific to Ben and me (Amanda!)...and our growing family! Join us as we record the chapters of our life...a true gift from our LOVE, Jesus.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Cale bump watch...21 weeks
So I had this entire update written. But when I finally went to post it, I realized it did not save. Total Boo. Because as a Mommy, the moments we have to actually put our thoughts into writing are few and far between. Basically, I am sorry Cale. The update I had written was actually kind of funny, because I was slap happy when I wrote it. You will understand Mommy's slap happiness one day. I am sure you will be amused by it at first and then eventually find it kind of embarrassing. But, I am me, Cale. And that involves a bit of slap happiness from time to time. Especially where sleep deprivation is involved. I think I am still a bit slap happy now, but also with a twinge of annoyance at the update I had previously written being gone. So we will see what we get here...
Speaking of sleep, sleep is going alright. I actually feel slightly more comfortable (if you can use the word comfortable during pregnancy...) when my baby bump is bigger. Maybe because it rests easier laying on the bed with me. Haha, like it has anywhere else to go...it's attached. And growing.
I noticed the other day that I can no longer see my toes while standing. I actually think this happened awhile ago....but I just noticed the other day. Instead as I stand tall and look down I see my baby bump poking out...and my belly button.
The belly button. It's visible. In everything I wear, no matter how many layers I have on. My belly button is just out there, smiling at the world. Which, according the the Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton, is a good thing. Because in that book, belly buttons are pretty awesome. Charlotte agrees at least, she likes to point at my belly button and say "bee -yyy!" I'm not sure about the rest of the world and how they feel about my belly button. Really, I don't quite care...
I'm even considering showing it off a little more when we are in Hawaii at least. What do you think Cale? Can we sport a bikini? Daddy thinks we can. I'm a little more skeptical, but.... I probably won't see most of those people in Hawaii again. AND I am sure there will be other mama's showing off their belly buttons at the beach too....
And while we are on the topic of other people, Charlotte and I went to the mall this week. While we were there I was, fortunately, pushing Charlotte in the stroller. And I noticed a lady walking in the other direction take notice of me. And then I see her make a beeline over towards us and she says, "Congratulations!" with a big smile and resumes her quest. Now it was time for my face to light up as I let the depth of that compliment settle. Sure felt good to hear that...and from a complete stranger. I doubt she has any idea how she blessed me that day, but she did. So I encourage you all, when you truly mean it! to congratulate the preggos around you. Or tell them they look pretty. Oh...and probably don't call them "preggos." We aren't a spaghetti sauce.
Lately I am noticing how much heavier I feel. I really haven't gained all that much, I am right on track where I should be. But goodness, toting around these extra 13 pounds plus carrying Charlotte from time to time...my body feels foreign. My legs as though they are full of lead. It's exhausting. And it's not even May yet. Cale...you're not due till August, buddy!
Charlotte felt Cale move for the first time this week. She was patting my belly and I could tell Cale was moving around, so I held her hand still for a second and he kicked her hand. Charlotte stopped and her jaw dropped as she turned to me and says, "WOOOOOO!" Emphasis on the "OOOOO." She was very much impressed, Cale. As I am sure she will continue to be by you, little man. She's pretty awesome, your big sister. I'm excited to see you guys form a bond. Oh, I know there will be plenty of moments the two of you don't get along, but I also know there will be moments where you two just want to be around the other. Simply.
Well...I love you Cale. So does your Daddy and Charlotte. We are so blessed to be your family and we are excited to get to know you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to meet you Cale!! You look beautiful Amanda, love that dress!
Post a Comment