Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cale Bump Watch: 22 Weeks




April 15, 2012
 22 Weeks

I am starting to feel big.  And since Friday, I feel as though Cale has been pushing my tummy out further and further with every minute.  It’s a strange feeling and my skin doesn’t want to be pushed so fast.  But, I think Cale is going to be a big boy.  He is super strong, too.  There have been a couple of times in the past week where he will jab me so sharply and strongly I let out a yelp!  They kind of catch me off guard.  I think he’s just getting comfortable in there, but my goodness.  Strong man, Cale!

Cale has the hiccups pretty much every evening around 9pm.  He has them at random points throughout the day as well, but especially in the evening.  I do enjoy a good hiccup fest with my little man.

Cale is most likely around 11 inches in length and weighing around a pound.  Unless he is bigger than the average baby, which at this point, I am guessing he is.  He sure feels like it!  Cale’s pancreas has been growing like mad this past week, preparing to do the important work required.  Besides that…Cale is just getting more and more adorable every day.  :)

I am feeling exhausted.  And emotional!  I feel like I could just cry for no reason at all sometimes and usually there is something silly to cry over.  Like: “Oh they don’t have my size in this?”  “They don’t serve apple pie?  Really??” “You won’t be home from work for another 5 minutes?”  “You don’t like this pizza?”  “I cannot find my shoes!”  “I don’t feel like going there right now…”  Seriously.  It’s so totally lame.  I promise, Cale, I am really not this wishy washy of a person!  But for some reason you have thrown my hormones out of whack and right now?  I am a cry baby.

I have had a couple of people comment on my size this week.  One lady said, “Oh, you must be close to the end!”  HA…try 18 weeks left…you should see me in 18 weeks, lady!  I will look as though I swallowed a prize winning watermelon whole!  And I can guess I might not be laughing by then…. ;)
I have also felt a little ick.  Not sick to my stomach, but not in love with food either.  Except for my apple pie craving that has yet to be met…I am mostly eating because I know I should.  And not because I want to.

We leave for Hawaii in less than a week.  I cannot wait.  Although I have a feeling I am going to want to stay longer than a week…what do you think, Trish?  Can I lounge around for an extra 5 days or so?   You can watch my belly expand.  It will be exciting.  Haha ;)

I bought a few items to start preparing for Cale’s nursery, that’s exciting, right?  Although I’m sure Cale won’t really care about yarn wrapped letters and fabric for curtains and blankets, etc.  

(sigh) I love you Cale.  Sorry I am so pessimistic this week. 

No comments: