20 WEEKS
April 1, 2012
First things first.
We had our level 2 sonogram this morning and the ultrasound technician
and Doctor both think Cale looks just fine.
His tummy did not appear large and there were no other issues found during
the scan. The Doctor does want to see us
back in 12 weeks (June 26) to double check amniotic fluid levels. The way he explained it…to the best of my
recollection at least!:
Sometimes babies
have a sphincter muscle in their tummy that is not quite working properly and
may cause too much fluid to build up in the tummy. He said there isn’t really any way to measure
this while Cale is in utero; however, what we can do is check back when I am
around 32 weeks pregnant to see if the amniotic fluid levels appear high. If they are high, then it is possible Cale might
need a very simple laparoscopic surgery to correct the problem once Cale is
born.
So that is very good news! The Doctor again reassured us before we left
that he really thinks Cale looks like a healthy boy growing in there and he
doesn’t believe there will be any issues.
Whew! Big weight off of my
shoulders, I tell you what.
Here’s some photos of Cale during today’s sonogram….he’s
such a busy little guy!
| Cale's profile...and his little hand waving to say, "Hey guys, I'm ok!" |
| Look at that adorable little hand! All five fingers, incredible! |
While it appears Cale is healthy and I am extremely thankful
and relieved, I know this is not the case for so many other mommies and daddies
and babies out there. And my heart goes
out to them. Just the possibility that
something could be wrong with your baby is scary and emotional…let alone that
possibility becoming a reality. Life. I cannot hardly begin to imagine what other
families go through.
Thank You, Jesus for Cale’s health as well as Charlotte’s. Thank You.
Over the past few days we have been so blessed through words
of encouragement and prayer from friends and family! On Saturday we ran to the store to grab a few
things and when we returned there was a Baby gift bag sitting on our front
porch. Some friends of ours had visited
a little sale and picked up some baby boy clothes for Cale and also written us
a very sweet note. I felt so loved and
my heart just swelled…as did my eyes with tears ;) So blessed by Jesus through our dear friends!
Cale- you are one lucky guy!
So many people already love you!
Cale is weighing in around 11 ounces- that’s one full ounce
more than he weighed on Friday! He is
about as long as a banana and still hanging out on my right side. He’s is moving all over though! Friday his head was smooshed down low on my
right side and his feet were up towards my rib cage. Today Cale was completely turned around with
his head up high and his feet kicking around down low. Must be fidgety like his Mommy! Cale’s brain and heart all look beautiful
too. And we were able to count his toes
and fingers during the sonogram. 10 of
each, 5 on each hand and/or foot. We
checked out his little face again too, with his sweet little nose and
mouth. He doesn’t seem to suck on his
fingers like his big sister Charly always did (and still does!) He’s practicing breathing too, we saw his
tummy rise and fall as he breathed in and out.
His heart is strong at 145 BPM…a lovely sound to hear.
I am feeling good. My
legs already feel like heavy weights when I am out walking (especially hills)
and I feel like I must be 50 pounds heavier than I actually am when I try to
breathe while walking….but overall I am good.
I am still doing my pregnancy work-out every morning and loving the
stretches, so I figure I can’t be in TOO bad a shape. I’ve gained around 10-12 pounds so far, which
is pretty on target. I’m still refusing
pregnancy pants, but I am not sure I will need any. Since it’s already 80 degrees and sunny most
days around here. I think I will survive
just fine with dresses and skirts. I
did; however, attempt to sew a band onto an old pair of jeans I cut off into
shorts though. And they seem to work
pretty well. I don’t have any other jeans
I am willing to cut up…so I may need to invest in a pair of maternity shorts
for Hawaii and summer activities that may be tough to do in a skirt!
Cale doesn’t seem to like carrots like Charlotte did. Remember, I ate carrots like crazy when I was
pregnant with Charlotte! I tried to eat
some carrots this weekend and I ended up just feeling a bit ick after two. Cale prefers cinnamon rolls…which I am baking
today. He also likes tomatoes, salsa and
espinaca. He’s a healthy one, isn’t he?
Goodness, Cale. I am
so glad I get to refer to you by name now.
And pray for you by name…and “introduce” you by name. And I am so thankful you are okay. So, very thankful. I love you, Cale…love, Mommy.
1 comment:
You are so darn cute! Love the belly pics :) And I am so relieved to hear that Cale is okay!! We'll pray for his continued health and development in there :)
Post a Comment