Oh my goodness, I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited to see that beautiful white dusting! And then....when I woke up this morning I opened all of the blinds so we could watch a few flakes fall. I pulled out all of our winter gear and debated on rushing out to play in the snow at 7am....or wait until we had some daylight.
It was a big debate in my head, I will tell you that. But I finally settled to wait until just after 8am...I figured that was best for Charlotte and all.
| She's like, "what on earth are you so excited about? And why are you laughing and dressing me up in all of this?" |
Until we went outside. Then? She thought it was GREAT!
Sweet girl kept running away from me. It's as though she knew something so great was bound to come to an end...
I tried laying her on her back to do a snow angel. But she wasn't too keen on that...
She did enjoy sitting on the bench, watching the snow plow drive by....
I got a kick out of watching her topple over and work SO HARD to push herself back up. Stinking adorable. Usually the guilt set in quickly though, and I rushed to her aid.
And yes, I did have to "end the greatness" and retreat indoors. Charlotte's nose and cheeks were getting more than a little pink. As most kids are...she was none too happy about leaving her new-found-beloved activity.
And for the rest of the morning? She kept bring me hats, gloves, coats, boots....as though to say, "Come on Mom, we gotta put this stuff back on and go back outside!"
Oh, we will, sweet girl. WE WILL!
2 comments:
So cute all bundled up. She's such a ham, love it!
She is so adorable! Avery cried her first two years whenever we played with her in the snow....so lucky you! I've been blogging again... and ironically have written a couple of entries about how happy I am that it isn't snowing this year. lol. do you have access to it? I'll have to check into that. :)
Post a Comment