Christmas eve (day) was spent with my side of the family. And an insane amount of gifts- I mean, seriously. Just look at that tree! In Sane. And I have to admit, not necessary!
But time with the family was (always is) priceless. Even Jeepers (our family dog) was present for the festivities. (Side note: Jeepers' health took a turn for the worst slightly before Christmas and he became unable to move. Jeepers was put to sleep on the day after Christmas after much consideration. He was in a lot of pain and the vet didn't think there was anything more we could do. Very sad, indeed.)
My family is very relaxed. I am probably the most uptight one in my family. Yup, I admit it. I am.
I am a control freak.
And I am quite certain it drives them crazy at times. But they love me anyway- right? I kept our family in gear by saying, "Let's eat. Let's not just sit around. Let's go ahead and open the gifts. Who's turn is it? Charlotte's getting tired. She's going to need a nap..." Etc. Etc. It sounds worse when I type it out. Goodness, guys. I AM sorry! I will try and chill out a bit for next year.
You'd be happy to know my "control freakiness" didn't ruin Christmas.
Charlotte had a blast playing under the tree with the wrapped gifts...and her new elephant chair from Uncle Brock. Isn't that the coolest? Cuz I sure think it is.
Especially when she is sitting in it.
Charlotte thought Uncle Brock's camera was for her. And she got a kick out of carrying it just out of his grasp.
In the past, Charlotte has been very scared of Jeepers. Like totally flip-out-and-cry-and-cling-to-mommy-and-daddy scared. But this year she warmed up to the "woof-woof" and gave him some love. That was sweet. And I am positve Jeepers enjoyed the attention.Charlotte also loves her Uncle Andrew. Auntie Pam wanted some cuddle time, but Charlotte is simply drawn to Uncle Andrew. Look at the kid- so sweet!
Charlotte also shared some loves with Grandma. Grandma lost track of opening her mountain of gifts...and I more than once "had" to remind her to "open another gift already!" (Yes, I know. I am aware- remember? I admitted it earlier. I need to chill out.)
Charlotte capped off the gift bananza with this bigun. It was a kitchen. We are still working on putting it together, but I am pretty sure she will enjoy playing with it for years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment