Friday, January 28, 2011

My first evening apart

Last evening was my first evening apart from Charlotte. I began teaching a Foster Parents Training course with my former job (KVC Behavioral HealthCare) called PS-MAPP. The class will run for the next 10 weeks...so this was night 1 of 11. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous about leaving Charlotte for nearly 4 hours! First of all, I haven't been away from Charly for more than an hour or so here and there. Second of all...she's never taken a bottle.

Anyway, I pumped some milk for my sweet girl so she'd have bottles ready just in case. I thoroughly expected those bottles to be full when I returned home. I joked that Ben and Charlotte would have to come to the office and I'd feed her on our break....

As I prepared to leave, a few tears escaped and I began to think I might be a blubbering mess for my first evening back at work! Fortunately my brother called and he kept me company on my drive to work....that kept my tears at bay.

The hours ticked by and I soon hopped in the car to drive home. Only slightly surprised I hadn't received any phone calls... I called Ben to see how things were going.

And....Charlotte chugged both bottles of milk!!!!!! OH MY!!! I couldn't believe it. I'm so proud of her! Mommy's little lady is growing up! But I'm still not ready to do the bottle thing all of the time....it will only be for Thursday night classes and emergencies here and there. Might be silly, but she's still my baby for now. And I like nursing.

Oh yeah...the class went great in case you are wondering!

No comments: