Now that I am here in South Africa I joined a knitting group. This particular group is knitting squares for a charity that knits together the squares to form blankets for orphaned children. See the website below if you are interested. Anyone can contribute!
http://www.knit-a-square.com/
I figured knitting couldn't be THAT hard, especially since I had managed to learn crochet. So, our first meeting rolled around. Wow. I could not for the life of me comprehend that knitting stuff! The two needles and everything thoroughly confused me. Not to mention the lady on the DVD teaching the technique. I was at a loss. That's when I decided I would just crochet my square contributions. It took a few tries before I was finally able to refresh my crocheting memory, but I think I finally got the hang of it.
Now that I am crocheting squares, my mind has begun to wander....and dream. Maybe I could learn to crochet special designs! Maybe I could crochet blankets with cool designs too....or even better scarves than in my college days!
And why stop with crochet? I could learn to quilt! OH! That would be so fun! I could quilt a really cool contemporary quilt for Ben's and my bed at home in the States! And I could do pillow shams! And of course if I learn to quilt, I would need a sewing machine...and I would need to know how to use it. And if I learned how to use a sewing machine I could sew curtains...and mend my own clothing...hem my own pants that are always too long...the possibilities are truly endless! Sooo, I suppose the quilting and sewing will have to wait until I return home. I can't have a sewing machine over here, too expensive to take back. But I can at least think and dream about it.
Anyway....anyone want to teach me to sew and quilt when we move back in December?
2 comments:
I would love to teach you how to quilt amanda! I love it.
You know, your photos inspired me! They are so good!
Post a Comment