Anyway. Life lately has been busy. But I have a feeling that will never change.
This little lady is going to be three years old in just two days! I can't hardly believe it. And for some reason my heart feels a bit of a tug, kind of a feeling of "wooow.... slow down! She's getting older too fast! I sure hope I am doing this mommy thing right..."
We did, however, still manage to hit the road as a family and visit our friends up in Omaha, Nebraska. They impressively did quite well during the car ride. Just had to keep the crackers and fruit snacks flowing and they were happy. Well, and stop at a McDonalds and rest area to let them run a bit....
We decided to splurge on a hotel suite. Since we weren't taking a big trip and all. Unfortunately our particular "suite" room didn't have the two rooms we expected. So it ended up being one giant family sleep over where no sleep happens. But, hey. What did I expect, right? I mean, vacation with kids does NOT include sleep. Seriously, Mama. You should know this by now!
Charlotte and Cale- your friendship that is budding basically melts my heart. Cale- you follow your big sister around with the biggest smile! And you babble away as though you are talking to her. Char- you love to take care of Cale and "show him the ropes." I often catch you patting his back or holding his hand. It's so sweet. I pray your friendship only continues to grow... and God bless you both through it.
We visited the Omaha Zoo. Cale looked adorable in his baseball cap. But when doesn't he look adorable?? Ha ;)
And since the bat house was super stinky, Charlotte and Mommy enjoyed a giant blow up slide instead. Char, you cracked me up! Because just a week or so before you had totally flipped out about these slides. I didn't think you would EVER go on one again! But you surprised me! And you flew down that slide many, many times!
We certainly enjoyed the time we had with our friends. Here's one of their sweet girl... I couldn't resist. I mean, really, look at those dimples!!
And while our kiddos wouldn't sleep in the hotel, they did at least find some time to get rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment