Monday, August 13, 2012

Cale Bump Watch: 39 Weeks



Charlotte wanted Mommy and "Tale" (Cale) to sit with her on the elephant at the zoo.  Ben didn't think I should actually climb onto it...so it's a good thing Charlotte was happy with me just perching on the elephant's foot....


39 Weeks
August 12, 2012

And so we have reached 39 weeks and counting!  Time for our final week of pregnancy...well nine days until the scheduled c-section at least.  (Though I do still hope Cale will come in his own timing and not during a scheduled appointment...)  I never did do a 40 week photo and update for Charlotte because my Doctor had me induced the day before our 40 week marker.  I have a feeling Cale and I will be taking a 40 week photo this coming Sunday.  Good news is I am 100% effaced, just not dilated one iota.  

My brain is on overload and my heart and emotions continue to be a crazy roller coaster ride.  I think.  All of the time.   But especially when I am just sitting still.  And, it is difficult to not want to just sit at this point because I am uncomfortable and tired!  However, I have realized that for me it is simply not healthy to sit still.  So I am doing what I can to keep busy and keep my brain from thinking and worrying. 

This past week I made sure to get out of the house every day with Charlotte.  We went to a climbing/play place, a museum, got pedicures, went to the park, the library and even the zoo with Daddy on Saturday.  I am thinking we will continue this high activity level throughout this final week of pregnancy with Cale.  Because it at least helps my brain….maybe not dilation….but my brain.  And that is just as important at this point in time!  So hopefully this cooler weather sticks around for a while (I mean, we are still hitting the 90s, but that is so much better than the 100s!!) because that helps a lot in motivating me to get out of the house!

But even now…it is Charlotte’s nap time.  And I find myself thinking.  Maybe not worrying so much as wondering.  Contemplating.  We are in the midst of a joyful time.  We are soon to meet our son, our second child.  And I cannot help but think of the many women who have experienced the opposite.  Even around me, friends, acquaintances.  They have experienced and faced head on, heart aching loss, life shaking sorrow through loss and sickness in their babies.  

 And so, I am reminded.  

Each day I get with Charlotte and Cale is and will be a gift.  Something I will never, ever deserve.  I have talked about it before so I don’t want to sound like a broken record.  But I must keep this present in my mind.  Nothing is ever a guarantee.  Tomorrow is no guarantee.  The only sure thing is and always will be Christ.  

Cale…I do not know when I will get to hold you in my arms for the first time.  At this moment, there are so many things I do not know about you!  I am anxious to get to know you.  Just nine more days…though I continue to hope it might be less!  I’m praying for you.  For your health and for your heart.  Oh, I pray for your heart.  That you will give it to Jesus.  You will trust Him, hope in Him alone.  You will be strong and confident in Him.  Amen….love you….mommy.

No comments: