| Finally a morning with weather cool enough to go outside....awww, lovely! |
| Charlotte was posing like Mommy. Pretty cute if I say so myself! |
38 Weeks
August 5, 2012
My house is a mess but I am too
exhausted to get it in the shape I would like it to be in when we bring Cale
home. I think I skipped the cleaning
phase of nesting. At least so far,
anyway. Currently all I want to do is sit,
sleep, rest, eat, take showers, and spend time with my sweet Charlotte and husband. In no particular order.
I am so ready for Cale to be
here. Ready to back in clothes that fit
properly, ready to not have an out of control sweet craving, ready to not
waddle when I walk, ready to go for walks with my family without feeling in
pain by the end!, ready to sleep when given the opportunity, ready to see how
Charlotte and Cale mesh together, ready to see how Ben and I mesh with our son,
and just plain ready to meet this little man.
However, I do not think
(honestly) that he will have his birth day before the 19th. I just have this tired and kind of sad
feeling that he is going to just hang out in there and wait until his due date
and/or longer.
I am trying NOT to be a total
cranky pants. I am going to take
Charlotte on a couple of fun outings this week (fight through the tired!!) and
maybe even take her to get a pedicure with me.
I know, that sounds a little crazy, right? BUT, she loves to have her toenails painted
and I think she would really enjoy it.
She is such a girly girl. We will
see how things change over the years and with a little brother’s
influence! I know I was a girly girl but
also a pretty tough tom boy as well, thanks to my little brother.
Not really any changes this week
besides the growing discomfort! I still
have aches and pains every now and then but they don’t amount to steady
contractions at this point. I still feel
like I have a bowling ball wedged in my pelvic area. And, as my bro-in-law Chris puts it, I feel “really
full ALL of the time!” (He thinks he can
relate to pregnancy because he knows how it feels to overeat and feel like your
stomach might burst…) Heart burn and
nausea has increased in the last week and the Doctor has suggested I take
Zantac every day. Boo. I hate taking medicine. I am terrible at it. But, since I likely still have 2 weeks, I
better do it and at least make that part of my life a little more comfortable.
Cale…I think I should probably
take a moment to just brag about your Daddy. Because, even though I am trying NOT to be a
cranky pants, I know that I often am.
And unfortunately Daddy gets the brunt of that. Yesterday I didn’t even let him take a
nap. I gave him orders to make your
mobile, clean, build you a shelf…. But I
should not have been ordering your Daddy around! He needs rest right now too. And your Daddy is a super hard worker in
everything he does. He is so good at his
job! He makes me proud more often than
he knows. He takes wonderful care of me,
your sister and I am sure YOU when you finally get here! I know you and your Daddy are going to have
lots of fun together over the years. I
pray you two are given a special bond where you can talk openly together and
enjoy one another’s company for many years to come. I pray you see how great a guy your Daddy is
but also that he is not perfect. I pray
you see he relies on Jesus’ grace and strength.
I pray you see he is a man living to serve God in all he does.
Love, Mommy.
P.S.) It would be awesome, Cale, if you prove me
wrong and come early…
No comments:
Post a Comment