Friday, June 8, 2012

Always time to remember Easter




Amidst my nesting I discovered I forgot to write about and share photos from our Easter Sunday.  And since I am trying to get caught up on everything (everything!!) before Cale arrives, I am just going to go ahead and do that now.

Because really, there is never an inappropriate moment to remember and celebrate Easter and what it means for us!


 I read in Psalm 24 today, verses 3-6...

"Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?  And who shall stand in His holy place?  He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully,  He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation.  Such is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob."



 It excites my soul to know that I can ascend the "hill of the Lord."


And not by anything I have done or ever will do.  But by everything HE has done for me.


Because even though I have dirtied my hands, my heart has been impure and I have indeed lifted up my soul to what is false....

My Jesus has lovingly removed all of that dirt.  He has given me a pure heart and turned me to face What is True. 


It was a steep price He paid that first Easter.  But He did so out of love.  Pure, clean and unselfish love.  Love of which I am not capable.


 Oh Jesus, please draw my children to you.  Make them aware of the dirt.  Make them know that only You can wash them clean. 

 Turn them away from worshiping the many, many idols of this world and turn them to You.
Give them pure hearts, Lord.  New hearts that beat for You.

Do this for Your Name's sake, Father.  (Psalm 25 vs 11)  I ask this in Your Name...Amen.



No comments: