How else to follow up my former post than to share about a recent reunion with friends? I don't want you all to think I don't have community, because I do. Just sometimes it's a little harder to experience the fullness of it (lately).
Totally a side note: And I've just been contemplating how separated we are as a culture...individual, reclusive almost. Oh man, I am SO GUILTY! In college I way too often sat in my dorm room/apartment alone. Working on homework, reading or just being alone. How lame is that? Seriously. I know I am a shy person, but I know that I totally missed out on the richness of community then. Oh but hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? It's a wonder I made the friends I did. Oh but who am I kidding? I didn't "make" those friends. God brought them to me and me to them. He gifted us with each other. HE gifted us with community...
And so I will share about that reunion.
The last weekend of October was a busy one. Ben took his massive P.E. exam (professional engineering) that Friday in Topeka. It was an all day affair. Charlotte and I drove to Topeka to pick him up (he got a ride from a college/work buddy, thanks Mitch! See? COMMUNITY!)...we watched all of the other "daddies" (and some mommies!) exit the exam building....until FINALLY Ben appeared. We hustled him to the car and "power packed" it to Manhattan. The Little Apple. The Promised Land. Manhappenin'.
We were a little tardy for the reunion dinner. But we made it. It was so beautiful to see everyone! I know, beautiful is an odd descriptive word to use here, but it was! It was beautiful! The people present for this reunion were those of our last year in college/newlyweds small group/Lifegroup. While a few members of the group were unable to make it, it appeared our group had nearly doubled in size...with all the new babies running around and baby bumps gorgeously displayed! Love it.
Anyway, we were able to spend some quality time together that evening and the following day as we tailgated for the Wildcats. Love catching up with old friends. It's just so great to chat with people and feel like you can pick up right where you left off...
| Look at that cute little wildcat! |
| Ben's laugh just cracks me up here. So funny! |
| First time for raisins...um, loves them! Oh and her shirt reads, "Obviously I'm a wildcat, they don't make jayhawks this cute!" |
| quick family photo op...though Charly wasn't excited for the camera. |
| Aw, young love. |
| wait for it... |
| he's going in for the kiss! |
| Charlotte looks like, "wait, what!?" |
| and he takes her down! |
| a daddy steps in to interrupt... |
| Charlotte says, "haha, that was great! Let's try that again." He's all, "come on guys, you're throwing off my game." |
| well maybe when they aren't watching... |
| fine. HAVE some RAISINS! |
| young love is so fickle. |
| LOVE these ladies! |
3 comments:
hahaha love this! love the captions on LB and charly :) they are so cute together. love you friend!
Love those pictures of the two little cuties :)
Cute pics Amanda! Looks like ya'll had a good time!
Post a Comment