Friday, December 31, 2010

Charlotte: Ten weeks in this BIG world



I am finally getting around to posting Charlotte's tenth week blog...although she is now nearly 13 weeks. Oh my...13 sounds like such a big number compared to 10! Anyway, Charlotte's tenth week was her final week in South Africa....so enjoy the readings, my friends!

I feel like the weeks are going by so quickly. Will they go by this fast when we move back to Kansas tomorrow? I’m sure they will. I love my sweet Charlotte so much…this past week I have tried to savor our final week just the two of us. I know I will never ever have time like this again with just the two of us. Don’t get me wrong, I am excited to introduce her to everyone back home and live near family and close friends again….but I just won’t get this solo one on one time anymore. Not really. And this time has been so precious to me. I feel so very blessed.

Charlotte and I really didn’t do much during her tenth week besides relax and play together. I held her a lot, talked “with” her a lot, smiled at her a lot, etc. She also helped Mommy pack thanks to the Moby wrap! We have somehow managed to squeeze our luggage into 8 suitcases…plus 2 carry-ons. We will bring back 10 pieces of checked luggage; however, including a friend’s suitcase and the large kennel in which Molly flew over. (Molly’s riding on the plane in a plush kennel…thanks to Kelly!)

I wish we could have travelled more with Charlotte before departing. It would have been fun to take her photo next to a lion or two. But time has slipped through our fingertips ever so quickly… Maybe someday we will return to show Charlotte around the country of her birth. In the meantime, we hope to travel as much of OUR home country (USA!!) as possible. It’s interesting…there is so much of the States we have not seen. Living in another country and traveling as we have here…has motivated us to see more of our beloved USA. So that is what we intend to do when we move home (money and time permitting of course!). I think Charlotte will enjoy it. Fortunately, we have a lot of flier miles we can use for free plane tickets when we return…we are thinking Seattle, Washington and Hawaii. The beauty is we have family in both locations, so even lodging should be free!

I realize I am not talking so much about Charlotte’s tenth week in this Big world….but it’s like I said, she and I just had cuddle and bonding time this past week. She did say a few farewells to some friends of ours….but otherwise, no big milestones during our sweet girl’s tenth week!

Charlotte says goodbye to our housekeeper, Nthabi (pronounced Tabi, short for Nthabiueseng)

Charlotte says goodbye to our gardener, Alex.

Charlotte says goodbye to Tessa, owner and cook for Tessa's cafe.... Ben's favorite lunch spot in South Africa.

No comments: