Sorry folks, there will be a delay in this week's bump-watch photo...I will explain next week! And in the meanwhile, I will think of something else to blog about so I can post a photo...maybe I will post a photo of me making bath salts with Kelly on Friday....
August 31, 2010
How far along am I today?
35 weeks
What is the favorite thing you ate today?
I suppose the mashed potatoes and gravy with our dinner. Such a good comfort food.
How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?
I would like to go to Chipotle with my husband (I want a steak burrito bowl and Ben would like the steak burrito) and then to Sonic for a slushy during Happy Hour. And then in the morning, I would like to stop by Einstein Brothers for a Dutch Apple bagel with low-fat plain cream cheese and an apple juice in an apple shaped jar.
Any new symptoms this past week?
Nothing new really…just getting bigger and more uncomfortable.
What about the exercise routine?
Exercise definitely loosens up my joints. The only day I don’t get my exercise in is Sunday and I definitely feel a difference throughout the day. That’s why I still always make a point to go ahead and do the stretching part of my routine before climbing into bed.
Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?
It takes me a good while to settle in to a comfortable position in bed. I am so sick of sleeping on my sides. I feel like I am going to get pressure sores on my hips and completely tear my shoulders out of whack from sleeping on my sides. Sometimes I lay on my back to just relieve the pressure for a minute but I get the “passing out” sensation. So then I have to return to my side. Occasionally I just give up and get up and walk around. I’m not doing good on storing up the sleep for when Baby Girl arrives…
How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?
Our little lady weighs around 2.6 kilos…which is about 5.72 lbs. It appears her growth spurt was just that: a growth spurt! And her weight gain has slowed some as we draw closer to her due date. I always forget her length…but she should be somewhere around 20.25 inches in length.
And special milestones for baby?
Baby Girl’s lungs are still developing. If she were born too early, she would need to be in an incubator for awhile in order for her lungs to get to the appropriate capacity to handle our smog-infested world…mainly here in Joburg.
How about the baby’s activity?
Her movements never cease to amaze me. Really, if you have not been pregnant or spent an incredible amount of time around anyone who is pregnant, then you should. Because it is incredible to see a knee here, an arm there, a booty there… Sometimes when our girl faces her back forward, I like to rub her back (it also makes my stomach extremely tight!). When she gets the hiccups, I feel so bad for her. Those hiccups must rock her entire body, because they sure move my stomach!
Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?
Well, this week was a little uneventful. Baby Girl and I played the game “Catan” with a couple of lovely ladies on Friday afternoon…and we won J As for this weekend…Ben and I cleaned up the pack-n-play and tested out Baby Girl’s mattress. We also put together the little “baby bather” and checked out her little bouncy seat. We’ll get to some more organization later.
No fun stories this week…
What was the most random thing that happened this week?
Ben and I went to dinner on Saturday evening after a long day of “chores.” (We cleaned the car and the balcony). As we were walking into the restaurant, we ran into our friends, Ashley and Sam – also on a date. Sooo, it turned into a “double date.” We love these people! The waiter teased me about not being able to drink alcohol. Little does he know, I don’t drink alcohol regardless….I simply don’t like it, never have, never will. Nothing else random from this week…
2 comments:
we looooooooooove settlers of Catan! way to go Amanda and baby girl! :)
It is a pretty fun game- I get the feeling that there is a strong community of "Cataners" out there? Because whenever I meet someone who plays, they get very excited!
Post a Comment