Molly's departure was rescheduled for January 5. We called Chris. After some hesitation and a plan to have Molly packed in her kennel before he arrived to take her to the airport.... Chris agreed. What a dear :) Word has it, Chris arrived two hours early to prep Molly for her travels....with a friend to help. And...Molly was not in her kennel as planned. He apparently had quite the ordeal getting our gal out the door....but he did it. I suppose he needed those two hours after all...
The next two days were spent simply waiting and praying for Molly's safe arrival. And, finally, on January 7 around 7:15pm, Molly meowed her way into out South African home. I was pleasantly surprised to hear her purring and meowing.... happy to be released from her cage of confinement. She was a little wobbly as she explored her way around this big house. I imagine that may be due to the long flight... At least she appeared healthy and content....minus the fact she had been deprived of water since the airport in Atlanta. Delta Airlines must have stolen her special water jug. Those poops.
Molly didn't know what to make of the place...so much space...new bugs to chase and birds to watch! She inspected every nook and cranny, plopping herself down for a break every now and then. She got a little too daring at the top of the stairs, hanging her body through the railing...but I stopped her from doing anything too drastic! Even though I greatly desired to give Molly a bath on that first night...I refrained. I figure she had experienced enough trauma over the past two days. The bath would come tomorrow.
Ha! Poor girl. I did give her that bath first thing the following morning (hey, she kinda smelled and she had been around other strange animals!). Thankfully, she wasn't too put out with me and she let me assist in getting her fur nice and dry with a towel.
Anyway, Molly now has a new stamp her in kitty passport. And while she is adjusting quite nicely, I think she is still trying to accustom herself to this house. She does not appear 100% comfortable just yet....but she is getting there. In the meantime, we will get to work on her work-out regimen :)
No comments:
Post a Comment