Saturday, February 2, 2013

Charlotte's first haircut.



January 28, 2013

Well Miss Charlotte, you have crossed yet another “milestone” in your life.  Your first haircut!  Fortunately Mommy has a friend, Miss Carrie, who is a hair stylist…. So it wasn’t as “scary” as it could have been, I am sure!

I prepared you for the haircut by telling you about it before we went.  I told you about Carrie and that you would get to sit in a special chair with a special cape and then Carrie would use some hair scissors to cut off just a little bit of your hair.  Then she would make it look all pretty!  Since you enjoy dressing up and getting all “pretty,” you got pretty excited.  Plus you get excited any time we go to see friends… so the fact Miss Carrie would cut your hair was certainly an added bonus!

Before we left home, I made sure to snap a few pictures of your baby hair.  You were an excellent model as usual, my sweet girl!

When we arrived at the salon you were definitely a little frightened.  You clung to my hand from the moment we approached the entrance!  Your fingers held tight to mine as we got you all set up in the special haircut chair and I just looked into your eyes and smiled.  I told you that you are beautiful (because you are) and that you are such a big girl getting your hair cut.  You like to be called a big girl.  You settled into the chair and batted your eyelashes at your reflection in the mirror.  (So like your Mommy!  I used to do the same thing when I was little… make faces at my reflection!)  And as you sat there like a big girl, Carrie took that first snip, taking care to reserve a little curl for Mommy as a keepsake.

Whenever Cale would get a little restless and fussy in his car seat nearby, I’d try to swap hands with you so I could also tend to your brother.  But you would not release you sweet grip!  So Mister Cale got the snub from Mommy… and you got the full of my attention!  You kept hamming it up at yourself in the mirror, so I had to pull out some bribery to help you look down instead of straightforward into the mirror J  Bribery in the form of fruit snacks.  I think you would eat fruit snacks non-stop all day every day if we let you…

Carrie finished up that last snip and you continued to clutch my hand until you were set down onto the floor.  You gave a little model pose and then rushed on to your next mode of business: playing with Carrie’s daughter, Cayla (she is currently 11 months old). 

And since you were happy and no longer clinging to my side…I decided to free your brother from his car seat.  As I lifted him from the seat, Carrie exclaimed, “OH no!  Don’t touch his back!  There’s poop everywhere!”  No wonder Cale was so unhappy during your haircut!  Not only was he being ignored, but he was covered in poop.  Down his leg and all over the car seat.  You, of course, didn’t seem fazed by it.  You were intent on Cayla!

Carrie and I tended to Cale.  Spreading poop throughout the front of the salon and bathing him in the shampoo sink.  Did you even notice?  I don’t think so.  Cayla was much more entertaining than your naked, poopy brother in a shampoo sink.  So anyway… you got your first haircut and Cale got his first bath in a shampoo sink.  Pretty eventful first haircut outing, I’d say!  I wonder how your second haircut will go?  And by the way, your curls are still there and bouncier than ever.  Carrie did a great job!




By the way... it was a beautiful 70+ degree day outside that day... so we played outside for a bit after Cale went down for his nap.  You have the best style, girlfriend!  Wish I could pull off a tutu skirt, gold shoes and cool purple stripe sweater!  I love you!!!




No comments: