| Of course Charlotte turned her smile off just as I snapped the photo! |
July 29, 2012
37 Weeks
Three more weeks. Less than a month. I will be holding you in my arms, Cale. Daddy can hold you in his arms! And your big sister can give you lots of
kisses, share her toys with you and entertain you more than I am sure you are
ready for! Of course there are so many
other things, Cale, that you will get to see and experience once God says, “okay,
little man, today is your birth day!!”
But those are probably the top three….in my opinion anyway :)
This has been a week full of
sweet comments from friends, family and even strangers. I really received so many compliments and
words of encouragement this past week, I don’t have one complaint in that
arena. Such a welcome contrast from the
week before! So thank you to everyone
who said I am, “cute,” “pretty,” “petite little pregnant lady,” “beautiful,” and
said things like, “you are just all belly!”, “really, he’s just right there,
nowhere else!” Warmed this mama’s heart
and spoke to an area in my life that needs encouragement often. So really…thank YOU Jesus for speaking these
words to me through everyone this past week.
On that note…my sweet tooth is
out of control. I cannot live a day
right now without having some sort of sweet.
Last week I baked chocolate chip cookies (which I ended up not eating…),
banana pancakes (I froze 4 ziploc bags full for future enjoyment!), and cookie
dough cheesecake bars. I pretty much
devoured the cheesecake bars over the course of three days. I shared maybe 3 with Ben…but otherwise…..I
am guilty. And I am proud of it because
they were super delicious! And today,
the day after my 37 week marker….I am making cookie dough cupcakes.
Yes, I am craving cookie dough. Like none other. But do not worry, the recipes I am using do
not contain raw eggs. Double score! MMMM, I am so looking forward to desert tonight….
But enough about food.
37 weeks also marks the beginning
of “Operation Move Cale Out!” I intend
to do this by taking Charlotte for wagon rides every morning in addition to my
daily work out….and cleaning the house like mad. Although I must admit…I am not sure the
cleaning part will actually become a reality.
Truly….I am hoping I go into labor before I get around to cleaning the
house. Because Ben said yesterday, “I
guess if you go into labor before the house is clean we will have to call a
house cleaner.” Aww, shucks. Now wouldn’t that be a shame? Shame, shame…… (hehehehehehe…mua-hahaha! Come on, Cale, mama wants a house cleaner
just once!)
I did get treated to a pedicure
by a good friend of mine on Friday (Thank you Shannon, you rock!) and then on
Saturday I received a pregnancy massage.
Which, I must say, it is so strange to lie on my belly after avoiding it
for so long! It was a special massage
table with cushions arranged to enable me to lie safely on my belly. And the best part of this week was
celebrating SIX years with my Benjamin.
Yup, Cale, you are due to be born shortly after your mommy and daddy
celebrate their sixth wedding anniversary.
Now, isn’t that exciting? But
even more exciting is probably the fact that you have a 50/50 chance of sharing
your birth day with a member of the family.
Because it seems like every other family member was born in mid-August! We shall, see, won’t we, Mr. Cale? I cannot wait to find out….but I have to…
Anyway…I will leave you all with
a bonus…some photos from our maternity photo shoot with the talented Lacey
Whitmer….enjoy!












1 comment:
How cute are you?! And I love that we got to enjoy some of the results of your sweet cravings! Those cupcakes were awesome. In fact, just the mention of them and I'm headed to the kitchen for one now!!
Post a Comment