Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cale bump watch: 34 Weeks




July 8, 2012
34 Weeks

Whew, what a busy week!  I will have to write more about our adventures from the week later...because for now I am just going to focus on Cale and how things are going with our growing bump....

Ben and I were talking this weekend about this section of pregnancy and how we feel kind of “anxious” and/or “rushed.”  Kind of like Cale’s due date is a deadline to accomplish 101 things on a To Do List and then…..well.....the unknown happens.

We’ve grown so comfortable (oh that word!  Comfortable!!) with our current life.  We bathe Charlotte around 7pm, put her to bed around 7:30pm and then we have a couple of hours to relax, laze around, enjoy peace and quiet….  We have a car with space for three in back…well two plus Charlotte’s carseat.  Once Cale is here, there will be two car seats in there.  No space for a third person to sit, not really!  We sleep in until 6am/6:30am.  (haha, sleep in!!  Hey, it’s much better than the many-a-night-wake-ups I know are coming quickly!)  Charlotte takes a nap every day for 2-3 hours from 12-??  

So basically…we know we can fit in our To Do List now, but we aren’t so sure about after Cale is here.  Because we don’t know how he will be…how we will be…how Charlotte will be…  What new challenges we might face…  

It’s so unknown!  And that’s why we feel this sense of urgency right now.  And I hear a constant ticking clock in my head as I try to check things off of my ridiculous To Do List.  Yes, I admit, it is ridiculous!  And yet….I am tied to it.

Cale…please know I am really not such a high stress person!  It is true, I do like my lists.  I am sure you will tease me about my lists someday- Daddy already does.   Because I have lists for everything…and I use a paper calendar (which Daddy also teases me about!) so I can put my handwritten lists inside the pages of that calendar.  Oh goodness, you are going to think I am ancient!  Because I am pretty sure most everyone uses iphones for lists and calendars these days.  But not your mommy.  Not yet anyway…

Anyway, my little man!  Your crib is totally up and ready to go.  And your clothes and blankets are washed and stowed away in your dresser (hence, those items have been checked off my list!  And oh, what a glorious feeling it was to cross them off with my ballpoint pen!!).

Cale…your arrival is drawing ever so near!  And your little body is developing away in there….your immune system toughening up and prepping for this “BIG” world and all of the bacteria floating around within it…you most likely weigh around 5 pounds and should be around 17 inches in length.  You are moving a lot these days, but your movements are much more fluid and purposeful than your sister’s.  Charlotte had this earthquake move where she would rumble my entire belly, poor thing!  You just kinda chill.  And roll a limb here or there every once in awhile.  I wonder how you will be when you are out of the womb?  Soon….soon, we will see!

I love you, Cale. 

No comments: