Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Uncle Brock and Deanna Rose


In Charlotte's 6 month post, I mentioned her first visit to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead Park. You can click there to learn more about it if you're interested... Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and share a few photos and stories from our little outing.

Uncle Brock came to visit for 10 days....and unfortunately, about 8 of those 10 days were cold and gray. Not conducive to fun outdoor activities! We finally got a sunshiner the day before he was set to fly back to Seattle, so we grabbed the opportunity, packed up miss C and drove on over to one of OUR childhood favorites! Deanna Rose Farmstead! Funny, we missed the entrance at first because they have "fancified" it since we last visited the park (probably something like 15 years ago!). Brock and I both noticed aloud how the park no longer seems to be out in the middle of nowhere. It's now smack dab in the middle of expanding neighborhoods and shops.

We strolled around the park, looking at all of the exciting things we can do with Charlotte in months/years to come. For now...she mostly just likes to look at everything. Well...and put it in her mouth if she can! And Mommy just isn't okay with allowing Charlotte to try and put part of a goat in her mouth....

On that note....here are some pics from our day for you to enjoy!






No comments: