Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sound Effects

Do any of you other Mommies out there use sound effects? For...EVERY thing?

Because I do. No joke.

I will bend over to pick up a sock that Charlotte slung off her foot.... "chicka-choooo."

Pick up Charlotte..."Whew!"

Set Charlotte down... "Whoosh!"

Remove Charlotte's diaper... "peee-uuuuu!"

Get a carton of milk out of the cold case in the grocery store. and any other menial activity. For some odd reason, this following sound effect appears to be my favorite... "ch-ch."

Hand my credit card to the clerk.... "phewww!"

Put the ingredients into the skillet/bowl/etc. for a specific recipe.... "click-click!" (you know, the tongue clicking sound?)

There are many others...but these are the one's I can recall at the moment. And might I add...I don't only use these sound effects when Charlotte is with me. I will often be on my own at the grocery store, getting out of the shower, driving, you name it...and I will make sound effects. It was one of those times, on my own, when I realized this new habit. And I thought I'd share....and test the waters to see if I'm not alone.

So...dare I ask...do any of you other mommies (and/or daddies!) out there use sound effects? If so...care to share?

;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh amanda, I use sound effects all the time and I don't have any kids. one time when she was in school my sister-in-law came to observe my class. she was walking around, and one of my kids was working on distributing, and he was making bomb noises as he did it, and she asked him what the noises were for. he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know...that's just what miss dicus does."