Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!...from South Africa...


This is Charlotte's very first Halloween! Now if we were back home in Kansas, we would have taken a family trip to the pumpkin patch for a family photo and dressed our little lady up like a pumpkin. But unfortunately there are no pumpkin patches here in South Africa. So...we have had to improvise a bit.

Our estate advertised a Halloween carnival for the kids today (October 30th). Since we had no other Halloween outing on the agenda, we decided to dress Charlotte up in her special outfit today and take a family photo (instead of on Halloween). By the way, Charlotte's little outfit was made by her Grandma Darcie :)


We drove to the park and walked towards the mass of people dressed in costumes. (I observed most of the kids were just wearing black capes...where were all of the cute costumes!?!?) As we walked, Charlotte attracted the attention as usual. "Look at the cute baby!" "Aww, look at that little outfit!"(Although one little girl dressed as a fairy (maybe 10 years old) said a bad word as she referenced our newborn baby. I was pretty close to ripping off her fairy wings and teaching her a lesson....but I refrained. Hopefully her parents clean up that potty mouth later!)

Turns out the Halloween "carnival" was more of just a gathering of people. There were no hay bills or pumpkins or cute Halloween signs to pose by for our first Halloween family photo. Bummer. We ended up snagging some fellow BV friends of ours to snap some photos. Miss Charlotte was pretty tuckered out by then; however, and let us have it with her cries.


Oh, my sweet girl! We love you and can't wait for next Halloween! We're going to go to the pumpkin patch, dress you as a cute little pumpkin and visit all of our family for some trick or treating!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!! (But we're ready for Christmas...)


2 comments:

jessica said...

i LOVE the new Christmas layout!!! I am so excited you guys start celebrating Christmas as early as I do... I think Jesus' birth deserves way more than just ONE month of celebration! Miss you!

Kelley said...

Love that last picture!! too cute :)