How far along am I today?
18 weeks
What is the favorite thing you ate today?
Tacos must just be one of my pregnancy favorites…and I must have them frequently on Tuesdays, because again, tacos were my favorite food of the day. And my side salad of course, mmmmm.
How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?
I haven’t really had any new cravings I can think of in the past week. Just as I mentioned before, I love tacos. And I still don’t like chicken.
Any new symptoms this past week?
Well, my back pain (and bladder pain) grew increasingly worse between weeks 16.5-17.5 and by last Thursday (April 29), I was hurting pretty bad. The pain came and went until Sunday (May 2) when it finally went away. I waited until today to ask the doctor about it and since I was already at the hospital with Ben (more on that later), I decided to go in for a urine test. Everything looked great so I must have passed a kidney stone this past weekend. Not really anything new for me because I have had kidney stones in the past and have been told that it is just something I have to live with. I just drink tons of water to try and break them up! However, women who are prone to kidney stones often have them during pregnancy, sooooo, I wasn’t too surprised.
What about the exercise routine?
I still enjoy my work-outs. I changed to month 5 of the “Complete Pregnancy Work-out” dvd and felt the burn in my triceps and thighs for sure! But I do love that feeling of knowing I have really worked out J
Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?
Sleep has been a little bit better since Sunday after the back pains let up a bit. Hopefully it stays that way for awhile, we shall see.
How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?
Our little lady is the size of a sweet potato this week! That seems so big to me! And I know she’s just going to keep growing….so I am excited to read about her growth each week- and see her during the ultrasounds! She weighs about 6.7oz and is about 5.6 inches in length.
And special milestones for baby?
She is just a growing up a storm and practicing all sorts of things in there- like swallowing, sucking, twisting and yawning.
How about the baby’s activity?
I haven’t felt her yet that I know of. Although I have noticed a sort of thumpity thump at random times throughout the day. I was thinking it was just my heart beat at first (you know how sometimes it just seems louder than others? Or is that just me?)….but maybe it is baby girl. I am not really sure. Anyway, she is apparently quite active, though.
Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?
I went to a gathering here in SA with some of the other BV wives. It was the first time I had seen most of them since I announced my pregnancy (I don’t see anyone but Kelly on a regular basis, unfortunately). Anyway, it was so good to be around ladies who were eager to see my little bump and tell me how “good” I look. I haven’t felt too attractive and for some reason just hearing those ladies gush about my little girly bump really helped me feel good.
What was the most random thing that happened this week?
Random….well…I think it’s kind of random that not only did I have kidney stones this week, but so does Ben. We think he was experiencing sympathy pains in the form of kidney stones. Actually, as I type this he is still dealing with off and on pain. He called me from work this morning and told me he was having severe back pains and was going to the hospital (fortunately it’s just a block from work). I waited 45 minutes before calling him- he had the car so I had no way to get there really. Finally I was able to get a ride to the hospital a little after 10am to join him. He was definitely in pain and that’s when the doctor informed us he had a kidney stone about 3.3mm in diameter. EEK. As Ben was hooked up to the IV taking in fluids and pain meds, he looks at me and says, “You are getting an epidural. There is no way you are going through labor without it because this sucks.” I just smiled. We shall see….I certainly don’t want an epidural. I am more afraid of the needle than the pain to be quite honest. I think I can do it. What do you all think? Anyone else gone au natural during labor and want to share her experience?? Oh…and please pray for Ben!
No comments:
Post a Comment