Turns out, my feeling I mostly kept to myself was accurate- we are having a little girl! And I must add here that Ben "knew" it was a girl all along, as did the new Uncle Matthew, Uncle Nick and both Grandmas. Uncle Chris may have also thought it was a girl...but Uncle Patrick, Uncle Brock and the new Aunt Pam thought it was a boy! Sorry guys, but maybe next time, we shall see! For now, you all got yourselves a niece/granddaughter on the way :)
I was sooo very anxious going into this appointment. My stomach was tied in knots and I could hardly keep the tears at bay. We walk into the waiting room and it is super full- the busiest we have ever seen it! So, Ben and I were fortunately able to use that time to relax a little and breathe. By the time we made it in to see the Doctor, I was feeling much better.
The Doctor was so nonchalant about it! She just starts going over the ultrasound saying, "here's the brain, it looks great, the spine looks really good, the heartbeat,(she paused here and I was holding my breath!) I am really happy with this heartbeat!...wow this is a big baby! Much bigger than I would have expected for you to carry. This baby is running about 6 days ahead of most babies at this stage, but that's okay. Baby could have just had a growth spurt. And...let's see....yup, she's a girl. Let's just get a better look..." WAIT! WHAT???? It's a GIRL!?!? Ben and I exchange a look as the Doctor goes on to point out the "parts" to prove the baby's gender...definitely female. OH MY!!!
As we left the Doctor's office, I took a moment to let it sink in...then I chased down a receptionist to take our photo with the "Daddy's Little Lady" onesie I bought for Ben. (I had bought 2 onesies, a boy one and a girl one for this occasion!) We proudly held up the little outfit and smiled...as soon-to-be-parents to a daughter!
So, my dear friends and family and random blog followers, we got ourselves a little girl on the way! We are very excited and I just pray God will show us the way as we prepare to parent little baby girl Connell! She belongs to Him in every way, and that is something I never want to forget. Thank YOU Jesus for this precious gift of one of your daughters!!
Now...I get to go online and update our baby registries! Woohoo! Target and Babie's'r'us...here I come!
2 comments:
Well this Grandma has to say I shed a tear or more. What a boo hoo Grandma!! I love the fact that you are both getting a girl. I see you both with a daughter first. They take special parents and that you both are. Only Jesus could have made that the case!! Love, mom and GRANDMA
Aww, thanks Mom! Love you too!
Post a Comment