April 27, 2010
How far along am I today?
17 weeks
What is the favorite thing you ate today?
I am not sure yet because it is still the afternoon. But I have Peanut Butter Cookies baking and I am going to make a delicious tomato and iceberg lettuce salad for dinner… so I think it will be one of those two things. (By the way, the cookies finished baking before I posted this and I am quite certain they are my favorite food of the day!!!)
How’s the food stuff coming along? Cravings? Aversions?
I have baked French Toast for myself about 3 times over the past week for breakfast. So, French toast has been a major craving for me. I still want nothing to do with chicken and I am not very fond of chocolate…
Any new symptoms this past week?
The back pains are horrible. They come mostly at night, but sometimes during the day as well. Besides the back pains, there have not been any other “new” symptoms…just the “same ol, same ol.”
What about the exercise routine?
I am still enjoying my morning work outs. They just feel good and help me to feel productive and not lazy.
Sleep…is it good/bad/mediocre?
Sleep. Hahahahahahahahaha.
How big is the baby…and/or what does he/she resemble?
Baby is the size of an onion this week- ewe! But she weighs about 5.9 ounces and is about 5.1 inches in length…well that is the average. Our little girly was ahead of schedule in her weight and length at our appointment last week, so she is likely bigger than average…
And special milestones for baby?
Baby girl’s got an official set of finger and toe prints. Her skull is also hardening (hopefully not becoming TOO “thick-headed,” I doubt it because little lady is going to be one sweet and smart gal!) and fat is cushioning around it. Aww, baby girl!
How about the baby’s activity?
I am still waiting to feel baby girl’s movement. I know she is active from our ultra sounds, I just can’t wait to feel her moving around inside her little “Mommy-apartment!”
Did anything special (besides the baby growing!) happen to me this week?
We saw the Doctor last week and discovered baby is a girl, as I mentioned previously. We think we have discovered her name; however, that is Top Secret, Classified Information for her Mommy, Daddy and Jesus to know….don’t worry, it’s good. You will like it.
What was the most random thing that happened this week?
When I saw the Doctor this week, the Nurse was weighing me, etc. and she asks me how I have been feeling. I tell her, “still pretty tired because I wake up almost every hour to go to the bathroom.” The lady stops and looks at me and says, “Well, that’s not normal. That doesn’t happen until later in the pregnancy.” I didn’t even know what to say. Haha, just kidding? Ummm, sorry lady, but I have always had a small bladder and with a baby girl growing on top of it, well, I think it is “normal” for ME to have to pee every hour. Oh well, she can say what she wants. It’s not like it was an issue because she certainly didn’t offer advice or seem concerned. She just looked at me like I was crazy.
5 comments:
Your bump is coming along!!! awwwww so hot! i cant wait til you catch up, well i guess you wont really catch up bc i will be on the decline by the time you get to my stage BUT i cant wait to see a big baby bump on you cause you will look so great with it! No worries about the peeing every hour I have had that the WHOLE pregnancy and it never let up even though they say it does. Anyways, you look great cant wait to see you in person!! love!
Kristen and I have been following your excitement in South Africa for a little while and we just wanted to say congratulations! We're very excited for your little girl to meet our Blaise...3 months old tomorrow! :) You can see pics of him at our blog: http://jandkslats.blogspot.com
God bless and keep the great blogs coming!
So fun! Thanks! We will check out your Blaise...I did get a sneak peak of your cutie on Facebook. I bet time has flown!
You look great! The salad the cookies: it all sounds divine! And nurses seem to always say the strangest things. For example, I wore my wedding rings the whole pregnancy and at one of my appointments the nurse asked "my boyfriend" if he wanted to be there for the ultrasound. Um hello, please err on the side of marriage and yes my husband would like to come with me....
hahaha, oh nurses! It appears a few of these nurses may not have taken the "censorship class"....although I am sure there is no such thing! ;)
Post a Comment