Basically, I am new to this blogging thing. It will be interesting to see how my blogs change over the next year...maybe they will be more detailed, maybe less...who knows! I have always been one to journal, so hopefully you all find my thoughts and stories somewhat interesting. If not, then no need to keep on reading!
The picture posted above was taken at the Lion Park(http://www.lion-park.com/)located in Johannesburg, South Africa. It's kind of like a "beginner's safari," but I suppose that is being somewhat generous as most of the animals in the park are quite tame. Anyway, it is a good start for us! We will work our way up to the big stuff, such as Kruger National Park. You gotta start somewhere, right? It's so crazy to be so close to these animals though. They really are beautiful and interesting creatures to observe. And they have such personality!
Perhaps the most interesting part of the day was when a cub went after the "Papa" lion's second hunk of meat (which he had not touched). Plenty of other larger lions had already attempted this task (as you see above) and had failed. But this little cub thought he had a chance and he went for it. That poor baby was definitely taught a lesson and then some! The Papa pounced on the baby and swiped him with his claw, injuring the little guy in the end. BUT, the baby stood his ground and growled back...then retreated. Gotta say, that lion had some spunk.
Surprisingly, the Lion Park is also residence to some giraffes- whom we were able to feed. Don't worry, the lions are separated from the giraffes, so the lions can't have the cute giraffes for a meal. I know, you were worried! Good thing I told you the truth! So, enjoy the pics. If you want to see more and you have access to facebook...there are many on there!
Blessings,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment