Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cale: the destroyer





Oh Cale.  These past three weeks have been insane in the membrane.  That’s an old school saying from “back in the day.”  You are quite the busy boy these days.  Busy and a tad bit destructive.  Or maybe more than just a tad bit… 

For instance, last week you pushed over a tall floor lamp in the living room, causing the glass bowl and light bulb to shatter glass all over the living room.  I walked cautiously into the room and found you standing there with a simple matter-of-fact look on your face.  You didn't seem too concerned at the time it happened, though you did yell "WHY!!!!??" later as I did my best to clean up the shards of glass while keeping you and sissy safe.  That's one of your latest traits.  You get upset about something and you yell, "WHY!!?????"  

Also, you climb.  Everything.  You sit on top of the dining table, smack dab in the center, and eat chocolate peanut butter from the container with your fingers. (How did you get that chocolate peanut butter??)  You pull out drawers and use them as stairs.  You have no fear and already seem to be looking for good launching pads (coffee tables, bookshelves...).  I'm pretty sure you will land us in the ER before your sister.  


You like to throw eggs on the floor when we go grocery shopping.  It has happened three times so far.  I know, you think I would have learned my lesson the first or second time, right!?  But you are a fast and determined fella!  As soon as you spy the eggs you scramble (haha, pun intended!) as fast as you can to grab the box and tear it open, proceeding immediately to egg the floor.  Once the eggs are home, it’s the same story.  I cannot get them into the safe haven of the fridge fast enough!!  And when I do get them in there, you have this sad look of disappointment, as though I have robbed you of some great joy.  Sorry buddy, but the eggs aren’t for throwing!  And there is soooo much more great joy in life than breaking eggs!

Buddy, it is quite likely you are wondering where I am when you are doing these things.  I’m usually less than ten feet away in the other room trying to make dinner or go pee.  Not at the same time of course.  But you are one sneaky and speedy little man.  I like to recall my childhood self as a bit of a tomboy, so I thought I would be somewhat prepared for your boyness.  But oh, I'm so not!  My brain just doesn't comprehend the way you view things- and how quickly!!  


 Your rough and tough attitude hasn't totally knocked out your sweetness.  You are still dubbed the "happiest" baby in your Sunday school class.  You give kisses and hugs with the sweetest smile on your face.  And you say byee byeeee to everyone you see everywhere you go.  You wrap all four of your limbs around me when you give me a hug and you absolutely adore your big sissy.  You have even started saying her name which is just adorable.  "chharrryaaa" is how it comes out.  Oh heart melting bubs, heart melting.  


You certainly know how to wear me out bubba.  You rarely sleep past 5:30am.  You seriously go from sound asleep to scaling the walls within a second.  In those moments, I often think… “too bad I am not a coffee drinker!”  And you absolutely refuse to eat anything with fruits or veggies... And when I try to sneak them in, you promptly spit it out and yell "WHY!!???"  That’s probably more exhausting than the dangerous acts you attempt.  I so badly want you to eat more healthy food but I am just at a loss as to how to get you to do so!  (And I am honestly tired of being scolded by the Doctor and other well-intentioned mommies!!)  I pray someday soon you will enjoy fruits and/or  veggies.    

Another entertaining thing you do lately is: You enjoy storing things in your shirt.  You might be playing with a toy- or something you aren’t supposed to have- and you simply slip it down your shirt for safe keeping.  We never know what we will find in there at the end of the day!  Sometimes you get a little frustrated that things are in there and you can’t get them back out.  Oh buddy, it just cracks me up! 


Basically, you are pretty awesome.  Daddy says I am smitten and he is of course right.  I just plain love you.  Always will.  No matter what.  

No comments: