Anyway.
Spring Break 2013...
Daddy and I made plans to redo our hallway bathroom the
spring of 2013. Beginning with
demolition; and, well, demolition and babies just don’t mix very well. So I opted to take you two on a little trip
to Great Aunt Pam’s lake house with Gramma Darcie and Auntie Pam while Daddy
knocked our old bathroom to pieces.
This particular March weekend also happened to be when
winter 2013 decided to throw out another punch, sending us some more snow. Some might be a little upset with the snow
during a spring break getaway, but I for one didn’t mind. I’m pretty sure you two know that by now
though. Mommy likes snow.
It turned out to be a lovely weekend. Lovely is kind of a funny word to use, but I
have found myself saying it a lot these days…
it’s just a nice word and I like it.
We had a really fun time, the three of us with Gramma Darcie and Auntie
Pam. Gramma Darcie prepared some tasty
meals, and we just relaxed and played. The lake looked so pretty and peaceful with
the gentle snow falling- even if it was spring break J The Lake House has a bunch of
windows looking out over the lake, so we were presented with a very pretty
view. It’s stamped into my forever
memory box. That and your little
expressions as you took it all in.
Charlotte, you had fun exploring outside a bit with Auntie
Pam. Cale, you simply enjoyed exploring…
everything! You even managed to get your
little fingers cut on a floor vent.
Yeah, that scared your Mama!
Fortunately we were able to seal you up with a Band-Aid and the bleeding
wasn’t too bad. I suppose it was just a
sign of your future. (Always getting into
mischief!!) You two are a joy to
vacation with! I love experiencing new
places with you…
I’d say “poor daddy,” since he was “stuck” at home beating
up the bathroom. But he DID get to sleep
two nights in a row without any interruptions… so I’d say it’s fair J Although it will be LOVELY for Daddy to join
us next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment