It's also okay if my floors are in dire need of a good sweep and mop.
It's even okay if my current mop needs to be tossed and replaced before I do that much needed mopping.
And, it's okay if I haven't completed Charlotte's 7 month update.
And okay if I can't get a good 7 month picture today because Charlotte is a cranky pants due to teething and a stinky night of sleep.
And I suppose it's okay if I still am in my pajamas at 9:38am...haha, it feels more like noon because Charlotte woke up around 5:20am!! Haha, so it is TOTALLY okay for me to still be in my pajamas!
It's okay if I have a pile of laundry that needs folded...and it's been sitting there for 4 days now.
And even though it's a thorn in my side, it's okay that I didn't complete my work by my deadline.
It's also okay for me to say NO sometimes.
And even though I really want to read a couple of amazing books I've been given, it's okay if I don't finish them as quickly as I'd like.
It's OKAY if Charlotte bonks her head every now and then. Babies have to learn after all!
It's even okay for the car to be dirty...even if it still has the plastic under the floor mats from when we brought it home from the dealership.
Perhaps it's also okay if I don't have a hot, healthy meal laid out on the table every night when Ben gets home from work.
And I guess it's okay if I don't get to exercise everyday...and I haven't even started training for the 5K I intend to run TWO MONTHS from TODAY!!! EEK!
And...even though I have a billion other things to do right now, it's okay if I just sit here and blog for a minute...and then go play with Charlotte in a wonderfully-it's-okay-to-be-messy house ;)
Sigh. Breathe in, breathe out.
Yes, it's okay.
1 comment:
It is definitely okay! My daughter is now 2.5 and I still have to remind myself of this. We both work full time (catch 22 - neither of us make enough money apart, but we do make enough money to pay for day care. Anyway.) So we often have a messy house, that used to be spotless pre-baby. We often just wimp out on dinner and order a pizza instead. We often don't get our books read, we never see movies (in the theater or on Netlix), and we rarely have time to do anything! But we give our kiddo lots of kisses, huges, and that's what matters. So kudos to you - it is okay!
Post a Comment